Saturday, March 28, 2009

Old Man on a Bicycle ~ By Rashmi

Kindness acts are a great excuse to believe in ourselves and our world.

Once I had been invited for the lunch at one of my relative’s house. My aunty gave me the address and told me to come to her house for the meal, until I got settled into the new city. In trying to get to her house, I got lost and was desperately looking for help on the lonely roads for more than half an hour.

In a bit, I saw an old man on bicycle. I didn't want to stop him but I had no choice so I asked him for the address; he explained the route but it just didn't sink in; I was so tired of hunting around for the place and at this point, I was super hungry and thirsty too.

Well, that old man was a dear soul. Seeing the frustration and helplessness on my face, he accompanied me all the way to my aunt's house. When I reached my aunts house, I thanked that old man for guiding me till the house. He smiled and left.

When I shared my story with my Aunt, she mentioned that he was the "watchman" for their community and that he was going home for his lunch break. And that because his lunch breaks are only 15 minutes, he basically skipped his lunch to help me today.

That was the day I realised the value of kindness. Kindness is divinity personified.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online