Saturday, March 28, 2009

Befriending a Bully With Kindness ~ By Sparticus

During the first week of my second semester sophomore year, the first thing I happen to hear is that there's a new kid at school. From what was being spread around, this student was being portrayed as a big mean bully, someone that was expelled for getting in a fight at a school nearby.


In my mind, though, I could only think how awful and how uncomfortable I would feel as a new student with a reputation already set out for me.

So the next thing I did was I searched for the new student. I ran all over campus to find and locate him, until I found him, head sulked down and with a weary expression upon his face. Without hesitating, I approached him, introduced myself and asked him if he was new to the campus and if he needed any help getting around.

With a relief, he replied that he was new and was looking for the computer lab for his next class. He showed me his class schedule. I then offered to walk him to the room, and as I walked with him, I could feel the tension built up inside him begin to fade. Before I left him to his class I told him to let me know if he ever needed anything else. Looking at his face, I knew that he would not have any more trouble or problems at this school, and if he ever does I'll still be there for him or any one else that needs it.

And still today he's been one of my best friends.

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online